Now let´s get straight into it and clarify one thing:
We are NOT talking about the fake product that contains hydrogenated vegetable oils, additives, preservatives, colours, flavour, powdered milk solids, soy, protein isolates, lecithin, and much more.
We´re talking about the real deal. Chocolate made from really natural, possibly even organic, but always healthy ingredients, like cacao beans or the real, raw cacao powder, coconut oil or coconut butter and sweeteners like agave syrup, honey or rapadura sugar – depending on your preferences (vegan, raw, etc.)
You have probably heard that dark chocolate is better for you, which is true, as long as – again – we talk about high quality chocolate, containing the real cacao and non of the earlier mentioned additives, preservatives….However, this kind of chocolate is hard to find on the shelves in the supermarkets.
The Aztecs and Mayans had it right.
They knew about the power of cocoa, the “food of the Gods”, which today is classified as a so-called “superfood”. And that is for a reason.
Chocolate, made from the cocoa bean, which grows on a cacao tree
- contains polyphenol antioxidants (helps to boost your cardiovascular system, lower blood pressure, has anti-inflammatory properties, reduces platelet aggregation, increases the HDL/LDL ratio and reduces LDL oxidation)
- provides you with important minerals, like
- copper and potassium (vital for good health)
- magnesium (helps to relax tense muscles and reduces the risk of several chronic illnesses such as type 2 diabetes, hypertension and cardiovascular disease),
- plant-based iron (strengthens the formation of the red blood cells and dilates blood vessels for better circulation) and
- manganese (not only supports the regulation of blood sugar but also improves the metabolising of fats and carbohydrates)
- includes theobromine (has been shown to be beneficial to suppress fevers and coughs, can combat fatigue and provides an energy boost.)
- is a naturally low-glycemic snack
For more information about David Wolfe´s Raw Nutrition Certification course click the banner below.
Would you like to learn more about healthy nutrition? The BodyMind Institue offers a Certification in Nutrition that could be the start of your new career.
For your info:
I sometimes use affiliate links in the content. This means if you decide to make a purchase, I will get a sales commission. But that doesn’t mean my opinion is for sale. Every link included is to a product that I’ve personally used and found useful and recommendable. Please do your own research before making any purchase online.