What do you think of Christmas? Do you like it? Do you loathe it?
Is Christmas causing you stress or happiness?
If you are a family person, chances are good that Christmas is your favourite time of the year and a wonderful opportunity to get the family together. If not, you might have to make a few tough decisions whom to gather with – or not.
In Germany, where I come from, the main Christmas day is the 24th. There are different traditions how to celebrate it:
- Some families close the main living room to the children and decorate the tree to make it a surprise what it looks like. Others like to decorate it together and enjoy the prettiness as long as possible.
- Some like to bring as many people together as possible, others prefer to keep for themselves on this day.
- Some have lunch as their main meal, others dinner.
- Some have a definite order of main dishes for the three days, others couldn´t care less.
- Some wait with anticipation, others with frustration.
No matter which kind of holiday type you are, we are all counting down to Christmas one way or the other.
Today it´s the 2nd Advent – the 2nd of four Sundays leading up to Christmas. Traditionally (in Germany again) there is a wreath made of branches from a coniferous tree, a bit (or a lot) of decoration and 4 candles. 2nd Advent means two candles will be lit.
Lacking an original “Advent” wreath, I came across this light show. Enjoy.